You can buy a replacement LG Shine LCD Screen from EBAY! For Cheap!
Size 00 Phillips head screw driver.
Small flat head screw driver.
Plastic tap (guitar pick)
1. Remove back cover, battery, and smart card. If there is a micro SD card in the phone, remove that as well.
2. Remove the 6 small screws from the back
3. Using a small plastic tab. Insert into the seam of back and gently separate the back housing section from the rest of the phone.
4. Use plastic tab and gently lift up the PCB that the camera attached to and separate from the main board.
5. Notice large gray ribbon connection. Using small plastic tap, gently lift up and separate.
6. Notice the locking clips on the main board connecting it to the housing. Use plastic tab and carefully release them and separate main board from housing.
7. Remove the 6 screws holding the two sections together.
8. Using a small flathead screwdriver, gently pry back the two small gray circle covers to expose two screws.
9. Remove all 6 screws from the back of the housing.
10. Using the plastic tab, gently pry it into the seam between the two remaining halves. Work it gently around the edges until the two halves separate, exposing the LCD screen.
11. Remove the two screws the hold the cover over the track button.
12. Gently pry LCD loose. Note: it is still attached with a ribbon cable. And fold the two sections open, like in the picture.
13. Gently peel away the blue tape. Careful to keep sticky side free of debris for use later.
14. Using the plastic tab, release the clip on the ribbon cable socket.
15. Remove the old LCD screen.
16. Ensure new LCD screen is cleaned and reinsert ribbon back into the connection. (Mine is not a good example of clean) Pressing down on the clip to reengage it into place.
17. Pressing down on the clip to reengage it into place. And Reinsert the Blue tape over the ribbon cable connection.
18. Fold Screen back over into the lower section of housing. Being careful to properly align screen into housing body.
19. Replace the screws that sits over the track button.
20. Feed the ribbon threw the slider section of housing. And seat it correctly. Then reinsert the six screws according to the picture.
21. Place the two gray caps back over the screw.
22. Reattach the housing section with the keypad membrane. Reinstall the six screws.
23. Reinstall the main board at this point. Feed the gray ribbon cable threw the hole. Take notice of the two locking tabs. Make sure these get fully engaged on reinstallation.
24. Using gentle pressure, press down on the head of the gray ribbon cable. Ensure it is fully seated.
25. Next, reseat the smaller board in place. Be careful of the connection. Seat it in place with firm pressure.
26. Finally install the back section of housing. Note the orientation of the side buttons. And reinstall the 6 screws.
27. Now the battery and the back cover. You’re done. Enjoy your newly repaired LG Shine.
Remember, you can buy LG Shine Replacement LCD Screens from our store.
That’s it! Now you have taken the steps to repair you cell phone, and save lots of money.
Disclaimer: Disassembling your LG Shine will void the warranty. Proceed with the following instructions at your own risk. www.howtofixmyphone.com is not liable for any damage that may occur. This web site is in no way related to or associated with LG.
Originally posted 2009-08-18 00:00:08.